Those who decide to do more than just a short stop on their way to and from the colonial village of Trinidad , a legendary village located in the south centre of Cuba , will not be disappointed by its natural attributes and charms when they get to know it.
The South Pearl is the home of many architectural treasures and institutions such as the (White, Ferrer, Goitizolo...) palaces, (José Martí, Villuendas, Panteón de Gil...) parks, theatres and churches (the Cathedral). Along its Prado Promenade, extending down to the sea, the visitor enjoys the charms of Tomás Terry theatre, truly reflecting the golden age of Cienfuegos province or Palacio de Valle, which shows the prevailing architectural eclecticism of the city, where there is a perfect harmony among Mudejar, Byzantine, Venetian, Gothic and Baroque styles.
Likewise, Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles de Jagua (Our Lady of Jagua Angels) fortress, whose construction was concluded in 1745, is a sound exponent of 18 th century military architecture. The cultural atmosphere in this province is complemented by Reina cemetery (one of a kind in the whole island) and Tomás Acea necropolis (the only one in the shape of a garden in Cuba ), both of which have been designated as national monuments.